Na2 Platinum Palladium Demo - Bostick & Sullivan

since: 2019/03/23
update:
2019/03/23
reference:
1. Na2 Platinum Palladium Demo - YouTube
2. Step by Step: How to make a Platinum Palladium Negative
3. Bostick & Sullivan, Inc. > Bostick & Sullivan


---------------------------------------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

說明:


**We advise you wear gloves, an apron, and eye protectives when using this chemistry.**
**使用這種化學物質時,我們建議您戴上手套,圍裙和眼睛保護裝置。**

This video demos the making of a Platinum Palladium Print using 5% Sodium Chloroplatinate (Na2 Platinum), Palladium #3, and Ferric Oxalate Solution #1 along with potassium oxalate developer. The paper used is Revere Platinum, a 100% Cotton rag Paper free of buffers and additives.
本視頻演示了使用5%氯鉑酸鈉Na2鉑),鈀#3草酸鐵溶液#1以及草酸鉀顯影劑製作鉑鈀印刷品。 使用的紙張是 Revere Platinum,一種不含緩沖劑和添加劑的100%棉布紙

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A. 步驟 1: 製作負片(make your negative)

Make sure to let the ink on your negative dry before going straight to printing.
在直接打印之前,確保讓負片上的墨水乾燥


The back of the negative will look foggy when wet and it'll be clear when dry.
負片的背面在潮濕時看起來有霧,在乾燥時會很清楚。

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

B. 步驟 2: 塗抹紙張(Coat your paper)

Have a clean workspace
擁有乾淨的工作空間

You need 100% cotton rag paper with no buffers or any additivues.
你需要100%純棉布紙,沒有緩沖劑或任何添加劑。

This demo used Revere Platinum.
這個演示使用了 Revere Platinum(紙)。

Mark the area you want to coat by lining up your negative and marking the corners.
通過排列負片並標記角來標記要塗層的區域。

set negative aside
把負片放在一邊

Now for the emulsion.
現在為乳液。

For this demo and size print(8x12), we are mixing 12 drops of Palladium #3
對於這個演示和尺寸打印(8x12),我們混合12滴鈀#3

12 drops of Ferric Oxalate Solution #1
12滴草酸鐵溶液#1

6 drops of 5% Na2 Platinum (sodium chloroplatinate)
6滴5%Na2鉑(氯鉑酸鈉)

And a drop of Tween 20 10%.
而一滴吐溫20 10%。

This helps the emulsion soak into the paper evenly and soaks in a little faster.
這有助於乳液均勻地浸入紙張中,並以更快的速度浸泡。

Give the mixture a good stir.
攪拌均勻。

Dampen your brush.
蘸你的刷子。

Make sure there's no dust on your paper.
確保紙張上沒有灰塵。

Take your mixture and pour it in a line in the middle of your coating area.
取出混合物,將其倒入塗層區域中間的一條線上。

And then begin to spread out your emulsion, quickly and evenly using the tip of your brush.
然後使用刷子的尖端快速均勻地塗抹乳液。

Get all the way out to your marked corners.
一路走到標記的角落。

Keep brushing until the pools of excess emulsion are coated and soaked in.
繼續刷塗,直到多餘的乳液池被塗上並浸泡。

Coating time will vary due to the humidity in your enviroment, your paper, and how much water you like to have in your brush when coating.
塗層時間會因環境濕度,紙張以及塗層時刷子中的水量而有所不同。

Almost there, just working in the last of the emulsion.
幾乎就在那裡,只是在最後一個乳液中工作。

Keep in mind you don't want to keep everything in one spot.
請記住,您不希望將所有內容保存在一個位置。

If there's too much emulsion, you'll get lift off when you develop and you'll be left with a dull slightly washed out print.
如果有太多的乳液,你會在你開發時脫落,你會留下一個沉悶的輕微褪色印花。

If you have too much chemistry for your desired area, just spread it outside of the area and adjust your drop counts accordingly for next print.
如果您對所需區域有太多化學成分,只需將其塗抹在該區域之外,並相應調整下落次數以進行下一次打印。

And done! You don't want to over brush, because you'll get streaks in your print.
並做了! 你不想過度刷,因為你的印刷品會出現條紋。

Brush until there are no more "pools" of chemistry and no more bubbles.
刷,直到沒有更多的化學“池”,沒有更多的泡沫。

Just writing some quicks notes.
只是寫一些快速筆記。

Drop count, paper type, etc...
滴數,紙張類型等......

This is good to do before or after coating.
這在塗佈之前或之後是好的。

Now I'm going to move this to a dark space to dry.
現在我要把它搬到一個黑暗的地方晾乾。

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

C. 步驟 3: 設置你的水槽(Set up your Sink)
       
This can be done before coating as well.
這也可以在塗覆之前完成。

I like to set up the sink while my paper is drying to save time.
我喜歡在紙張乾燥時設置水槽以節省時間。

First things first, let's get our developer going.
首先,讓我們的開發人員繼續前進。

This video will be using potassium oxalate developer.
該視頻將使用草酸鉀顯影劑。

Potassium oxalate gives you a rich warm tone when used hot and a neutral tone with ricj blacks when used at room temperature.
草酸鉀在使用時會給你帶來豐富的暖色調,而在室溫下使用時會產生中性色調和富有黑色素的色調。

You can also use an ammonium citrate developer.
您也可以使用檸檬酸銨開髮劑。

It give you a neutral tone and helps clear the print as well.
它給你一個中性色調,也有助於清除印刷品。

There is also a cold bath developer and a sodium citrate developer that give cooler toned prints.
還有一個冷浴顯影劑和檸檬酸鈉顯影劑,可以提供更溫和的色調印花。

This is a bottle of potassium oxalate developer that we sell.
這是我們出售的一瓶草酸鉀開髮劑。

It comes pre-measured out.
它是預先測量出來的。

Just fill up with hot distilled water and shake.
只需加滿熱蒸餾水即可搖勻。

(**
I'm using our tap water. It's always worked just fine for us.
我正在使用自來水。 它對我們來說總是很好。

However, many people have had issues because they were using their tap water.
然而,許多人因為使用自來水而遇到了問題。

So use distilled water to be on the safe side.
因此,使用蒸餾水是安全的。
**)

I find it helps to fill up half the bottle first and shake.
我發現先將瓶子的一半裝滿並搖勻是有幫助的。

Then fill it up to the top.
然後填充到頂部。


We have some already used developer.
我們有一些已經使用過的開發者

It gets very dark with multiple uses which some say help your print develop richer blacks.
它變得非常黑暗,有多種用途,有人說幫助你的印刷品發展更豐富的黑色。

I am replenishing my used stock with some fresh stock.
我正在用一些新鮮的庫存補充我的二手庫存。

Now for our clearing bath.
現在我們的清潔浴。

We like to use approximately a tablespoon of EDTA tetrasodium and a tablespoon of Sodium Bisulfite in combination with each other to a liter of water.
我們喜歡用大約一湯匙的EDTA四鈉和一湯匙的亞硫酸氫鈉相互組合,加入一升水。

If you use more chemistry, your print clears faster. If you use less, your print clears slower.
如果使用更多化學成分,打印效果會更快。 如果使用less,則打印速度會變慢。

We're fans of sprinkling our chemistry into the tray and guestimating.
我們的粉絲們將我們的化學物質灑進托盤並進行猜測。

We find that using the Sodium bisulfite with the EDTA eliminates the need for mulitple clearing baths as the two chemicals in combintion with each other well and fast.
我們發現使用亞硫酸氫鈉和EDTA消除了對多種清潔浴的需求,因為這兩種化學物質相互結合得很好而且快速。

A little bit of EDTA.
一點點EDTA。

Throw some Sodium Bisulfite in there.
在那里扔一些亞硫酸氫鈉。

Now add some water.
現在加點水。

Make sure it's mixed thoroughly and you're all set to go.
確保它完全混合,你們都準備好了。

And then you'll want a third tray with running water(if you can) for a final wash.
然後你會想要第三個帶有自來水的托盤(如果可以的話)進行最後的清洗。

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

D. 步驟 4: 曝光(Expose)

Line up your negative on your coated paper emulsion to emulsion.
將塗佈紙乳液上的負片與乳液對齊。

You can use painter's tape or frog tape to keep your negative in place.
您可以使用畫家的膠帶或青蛙膠帶來保持您的負面效果。


Take your negative and paper and place in your contact print frame.
將您的底片和紙張放在您的聯繫人打印框中。

The frame I am using is about 10-15 years old and has loosened up over time so I put a couple of sheets of paper behind it to tighten it up.
我使用的框架大約有10到15年的歷史,隨著時間的推移已經鬆動了,所以我在它後面放了幾張紙來收緊它。

Make sure everything's in place.
確保一切都到位。

Load into your UV exposure box and set your time.
裝入UV曝光盒並設置時間。

Ours is about 6-7 min.
我們大約需要6-7分鐘。

You'll need to find your standard print time.
您需要找到標準打印時間。


Remove from your exposure box.
從曝光盒中取出。

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

E. 步驟 5: 顯影(Develop)

You want the developer to cover your print quickly and evenly.
您希望開發人員快速均勻地覆蓋您的打印件。

You can use a pitcher to pour it on top or you can angle the tray like this and let it wash over the print as it falls down.
您可以使用投手將其倒在上面,或者您可以像這樣傾斜托盤,讓它在落下時沖洗打印件。

As you can see, it's almost an instant development.
正如您所看到的,它幾乎是一個即時開發。

But you want to contiune to agitate your tray for about a minute/minute and a half.
但是你想繼續攪拌你的托盤大約一分鐘/一分鐘半。

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

F. 步驟 6: 清洗(Clearing)

After your print is done developing, it's time to switch from developer to clearing.
你的打印完成顯影後,是時候從顯影液切換到清洗液了。


Let clear for about 10-15 minutes.
讓我們清洗大約10-15分鐘。

If you're going to walk away, flip the print face side down so that it doesn't sit on top of the water.
如果您要走開,請將打印面朝下翻轉,使其不會位於水面上。

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

G. 步驟 7: 最後水洗(Final Wash)

You'll know it's done clearing because the yellow tinge will be gone.
你知道它已經完成清理,因為黃色調會消失。

You want to wash for at least 10 minutes.
你想洗至少10分鐘。       

After the wash, let your print dry somewhere nice and clean.
洗完後,讓你的印刷品在乾淨的地方乾燥。

It will dry down darker than it looks in the water.
它會比在水中看起來更暗。

If your print wrinkles, you can flatten it in a dry mount press or carefully use an iron.
如果您的印刷褶皺,您可以在乾式安裝壓力機中將其壓平或小心地使用熨斗。

And voila, then you're done!
瞧,那你就完成了!

Thanks for watching!
謝謝觀看!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

H. 備註.

留言

熱門文章